History

1848
Carl Remigius Fresenius founded the Chemische Laboratorium Fresenius Wiesbaden with an associated teaching department

1862
The "Pharmaceutical Teaching Institution" was founded in the Chemische Laboratorium, the "Magazine for Analytical Chemistry" was established

1884
Affiliation of Germany's first hygiene-bacteriological department to the chemische Laboratorium Fresenius

1908
The first analyst training course for women in the Chemische Laboratorium Fresenius

1945
After World War II: Resumption of water, environmental and food tests

1962
Separation of Chemieschule Fresenius Wiesbaden (Cfw) and the test laboratory

1972
The test department is changed into INSTITUT FRESENIUS Chemische und Biologische Laboratorien

1975
INSTITUT FRESENIUS moves to Taunusstein

1985
The traditional areas of work are supplemented by identity, concentration, purity and approval tests for cosmetics and drugs

1990
The new area of work material and surface analytics is established with the acquisition of the laboratory for Applied Solids Analytics in Dresden

1993
First multi-site accreditation according to EN 45001 in Germany

1998
150 years INSTITUT FRESENIUS – The group celebrates its birthday

2002
Conversion into a stock corporation (AG); INSTITUT FRESENIUS becomes the first independent test laboratory to gain FDA approval in Germany; expansion of the hair laboratory and opening of the hair salon

2003
Commissioning of Germany's first "laboratory factory" for routine analysis in Herten

2003
30 years stamp of quality: INSTITUT FRESENIUS celebrates the oldest and best known stamp of quality with a re-launch

2004
Acquisition by SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance)

We Use Cookies

In order to optimize our website and for continuous improvement in addition to technically necessary cookies we also use cookies for statistical / analysis purposes. Please find more information in our Privacy Policy.

Cookie Settings